SRS Windows and Doors is committed to protecting your privacy and personal data that you provide to us, or any that we may collect from or about you.
We completely understand that nobody wants to have their personal information misused or sold and how important it is for us to protect your personal information. We do not sell your personal information to anyone. This applies to all products, services and instances where we collect your data; visiting us at one of our branches, contacting us by telephone and using our websites.
Cookies are not required to view the srswindowsanddoors.co.uk website.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, for use when you return to a page/website that you visited before.
Third party vendors, including Google, show adverts from srswindowsanddoors.co.uk on other internet sites.
Cookie settings can be changed in your browser settings.
Third Party Data
The legal basis we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. We use Legitimate Interest. In the situations where we collect and process your personal data, we require it to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business.
Information We Collect
There are different methods on how and when we collect your personal information.
Personal Identifiable Information (PII) is defined as any information which on its own, or when merged with other information, allows an individual to be identified. For example, this can be your name, telephone number or address.
We collect your information when you do any of the below:
- Place an order on our website, by telephone or in person at one of our branches
- Make an enquiry regarding our products or services
- Upload an image, comment or review
- Sign up for our newsletter, promotions or offers
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, letter, email, social media or chat facility
- Fill out any forms on any of our websites or during a visit to one of our display areas
- When you browse our websites as information is collected on our website; commonly known as “cookies”.
- Complete any forms relating to services we offer on our website.
The personal information that we may then collect includes:
- Email address
- Phone/ mobile number
- Records of your contact with us for example logs of correspondence interactions pre and post-sale
- Data about how you use and access our websites, this includes your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Our website is not marketed and does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from, children under the age of 16. In the event this happens we will delete the information. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please let us know via our Contact Us form.
How We Use Your Information
SRS Windows and Doors uses the personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following reasons:
- To track sales and enquiries
- To answer your questions or provide you with requested information
- To process your order including sending order confirmations and invoices, payments and refunds
- To keep you up to date with the status of your order
- To book and dispatch your order
- To send you newsletters and information for marketing or advertising purposes
- To set up, maintain your account and allow access to the customer log in area
- To respond to your correspondence and customer service queries
- To understand the interests of our site visitors and enquiries for market research and analysis by tracking activity (anonymously) to identify trends
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- To contact you for your opinions on our products and services
- To allow us to develop, review and improve new/existing products and services based on your opinions and reviews
- To notify you about any important changes to our services or our sites
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations
- To facilitate any business transactions that include bankruptcy, mergers, acquisitions, asset sales or if the business is sold
- To provide you with a personalised shopping experience such as showing you the most relevant products, services and offers
How long we keep your information
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Accessing Your Information & Updates
Below is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from 25th May 2018. If you wish for further information or explanation regarding your rights please contact us or visit the ICO website.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
If your personal information changes we politely request that you tell us so we can update your records. You can do this by filling out your details in the Contact Us section on our website.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. Please fill out the Subject Access Request Form for a copy of your personal information, this form can be found here.
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website to exercise these rights.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/.
Legal Grounds for Data Processing of PII
We will rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
Performance of a contract – Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- Providing you with a tailored quote which includes prices and assess whether we are able to deliver/install (where applicable) to your location
- Managing orders that you have with us which includes products and services (delivery/installation)
- Updating your records once an order has been placed
- Any activities relating to the product or service (delivery/installation) which includes enquiries, quotes, orders and administration of order/quote
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- To provide you with information regarding our products and services
- To provide you with suitable content on our website
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
- For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- For direct marketing communications to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service. We will send marketing to you by SMS, email, post and phone
- Subject to the appropriate controls, to provide insight and analysis of our customers to business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our businesses
To comply with Legal Obligations such as:
Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
Vital Interests such as:
If you are involved in an emergency whilst we are attending your property or during a service/repair we may need to provide the details that we have about you to the emergency services.
For some direct marketing communications
Withdrawing Consent and Opting Out
If you choose to opt in to receiving communication from us and change your mind and wish to opt out you can do this in a number of ways:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link in any of our emails
- In cases where we rely upon consent to process your personal data you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us via the Contact Details below.
When we receive notification that you wish to withdraw consent or change your preferences we will do this as soon as reasonably possible and most likely within 72 hours of the request.
Retention of Personal Information and Why
Unless otherwise explained we will hold your personal information based on the following reasons:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing your orders and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
- If you have not placed an order with us we will only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so.
- If you have not placed an order with us and we no longer have an ongoing legitimate business interest to process your data we will delete this data. In the event this is not possible due to data backups in archives we will ensure that no further processing takes place with your data until we are able to delete the data.
- To enhance the security of the checkout process we currently use ‘Verified by Visa’ and ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ as a part of the payment process when you place an order through the website.
- Verified by Visa’ and ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ are schemes that have been introduced by card issuers to help tackle online fraud. These schemes are known as ‘3d Secure’ and Dunster House Ltd, like many other retailers, are committed to fraud prevention. By participating in either scheme, your online shopping experience will be more secure.
Disclosing your data / Information sharing
SRS Windows and Doors does not sell your personal information to third parties.
SRS Windows and Doors will never make your personal details available to other companies for their own marketing purposes.
We may use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to answering your questions about products or services, sending postal mail and courier services.
We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may have to disclose your information by law or because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it.
Your personal information is not transferred or disclosed outside of the UK or the EEA.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices.
We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our websites.
Concerns and Contact Details
Data Protection Officer
SRS Windows and Doors
30 Somerset Close, New Malden,
Surrey KT3 5RF
or email: srswindowsanddoors.co.uk